Cowling has a shop, a pub, a fish & chip shop, a pizza takeaway and a bistro. There is no cash machine in the village.
Cowling village is a 5 minute drive or 20 minute walk from White House Farm
Further afield, eastwards & downhill towards Keighley there is Cross Hills village which has a range of facilities including, post office, co-op supermarket, chemist, cafes, pubs, garages and a range of take-aways, restaurants and fish & chip shops, hair dressers and various other businesses. There are 4 cash dispensers in Cross Hills but no bank branches.
Bus The M4 bus route passes through Cowling along the main road from Keighley to Burnley every 30 mins throughout the day in each direction and hourly in the evenings. The nearest bus stop is at ‘Green Syke’ which is about 15 minutes walk away.
Trains run on the Airedale Line from Bradford or Leeds to Skipton. Services are roughly every 20 minutes through the day in each direction. The nearest railways stations are Steeton & Sislden or Cononley.
Taxis Local taxi firms serve the area
- Aireside 01535 630000
- Steeton & Silsden 01535 65 65 66
Places to eat (* = recommended for meals)
Cowling Village: 5 mins drive – 25 mins walk
- Cowling Chippy * – Open for Lunch and Tea until 7:00pm . Closed Sunday And Monday
- The Bay Horse Pub – Bar snacks only
- Harlequin Bistro – Weds-Sat: 5.30-9pm/ Sun 12-7pm. Book first. A la Carte plus Bar Snacks.
Glusburn: 8 mins drive – 30 mins walking
- The Dog and Gun – Pub food / Open every luchtime & evening
- Glusburn Chippy
Cross Hills: 10 / 12 mins drive – 40 mins walking
- 22 The Square * – Italian Restraunt – open every day / evening
- Two Chinese Takeaways
- Two Fish & Chip Shops
- Indian Takeaway
- The Old White Bear – pub food
Black Lane Ends – under 10 mins drive – 40 mins walking
The Black Lane Ends Tavern ** Open for food every evening until 9:00pm
Laneshawbridge: – 7 mins drive
- The Alma – (Pub with restraunt prices)
- The Emmott Arms – pub food
Lothersdale: – 10/15 mins drive – 45 mins walk via Pennine Way
- The Hare & Hounds – pub food – open daily